Grilled Avocado with Jumbo Prawns
Total Time: 10 min
Vitamin A 826 IU; Vitamin C 41 mg; Calcium 55 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 99 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 70%; Calcium 6%; Iron 8%
IngredientsSalad 1 (5-oz.) bag baby lettuces and greens As needed Chile-lime vinaigrette (see make-ahead recipe below) 1 ripe mango, peeled and diced into 1/2-inch cubes 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, skin on, cut in half and seeded 2 tsp. olive oil, divided 8 jumbo prawns As needed Salt and pepper, to taste As needed Chipotle Aioli (see make-ahead recipe below) 1 lime, cut into wedges Chile Lime Vinaigrette 1/4 cup orange juice 2 Tbsp. raspberry vinegar 1/2 lime, juiced 1 tsp. sugar, or more depending on tartness 1/4 cup corn oil Pinch of crushed dry chiles Pinch of salt Chipotle Aioli 1/4 cup mayonnaise 1 tsp. finely diced green onion 1 sprig cilantro (leaves only), chopped 1/2 Tbsp. chipotle pepper sauce or 1/2 diced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce 1 Tbsp. lemon juice 1/4 clove garlic, minced As needed Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare Chile Lime Vinaigrette by whisking vinaigrette ingredients to combine. Reserve
- Prepare Chipotle Aioli by mixing all ingredients. Reserve, chilled, until ready to use.
- Toss baby greens with Chile Lime Vinaigrette, using only as much dressing as you prefer. Divide salad onto plates.
- Sprinkle salad with mango cubes.
- Lightly oil the cut side of the avocados. Grill over hot coals or on grill pan, fruit side down, until nice grill marks appear, about 2 to 3 minutes. Turn over and grill skin side for about 1 minute.
- Lightly oil prawns with remaining oil. Grill prawns over hot coals or on grill pan until pink, about 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place grilled avocado half on dressed salad greens.
- Place two grilled prawns opposite each avocado half.
- Fill center of each avocado half with Chipotle Aioli.
- Garnish with a wedge of lime.
Garnish with lemon or orange wedges, if desired.
Try with a glass of Malbec wine.
To read more about Chef Faz Poursohi, click here
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados