Salad time is fun time with this easy Happy Face Caesar Salad recipe. Be creative with three simple ingredients: a Caesar Salad kit, chicken strips and Fresh California Avocado.
Happy Face California Avocado Chicken Caesar Salad
Total Time: 10 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 64 (IU); Vitamin C 4 mg; Calcium 22 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 38 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 2%; Iron 6%
Ingredients1 (9-oz.) package Caesar salad kit 6 oz. cooked chicken strips 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced into 8 slices
- Toss lettuce and dressing from the kit together, reserving about 1 teaspoon of the dressing. Set croutons, cheese and any other salad kit ingredients aside (if included).
- Arrange dressed lettuce in a round face shape on 4 small salad plates.
- Use 3 croutons for each salad to create “eyes” and “noses”.
- Arrange 2 slices of avocado end to end on each salad to create a big “smile”. Drizzle a stripe of the reserved dressing on the avocado slices to accent the smile.
- Arrange chicken strips and any remaining ingredients from the salad kit along the top and sides of the lettuce to create a hairstyle for the salad happy face.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados