Salad time is fun time with this easy Happy Face Caesar Salad recipe. Be creative with three simple ingredients: a Caesar Salad kit, chicken strips and Fresh California Avocado.
Happy Face California Avocado Chicken Caesar Salad
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1||(9-oz.) package Caesar salad kit|
|6||oz.||cooked chicken strips|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced into 8 slices|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Toss lettuce and dressing from the kit together, reserving about 1 teaspoon of the dressing. Set croutons, cheese and any other salad kit ingredients aside (if included).
- Arrange dressed lettuce in a round face shape on 4 small salad plates.
- Use 3 croutons for each salad to create “eyes” and “noses”.
- Arrange 2 slices of avocado end to end on each salad to create a big “smile”. Drizzle a stripe of the reserved dressing on the avocado slices to accent the smile.
- Arrange chicken strips and any remaining ingredients from the salad kit along the top and sides of the lettuce to create a hairstyle for the salad happy face.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 64 (IU); Vitamin C 4 mg; Calcium 22 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 38 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 2%; Iron 6%