Beautiful ribbons of California Avocado adorn this tasty vegan salad with fresh berries and baby lettuces. This low-sodium and zero cholesterol salad is a nutrition powerhouse providing you with key nutrients and great taste. One serving is an excellent source of dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K along with a good source of potassium, iron and folate.
Berries, Baby Lettuce and Avocado Ribbons
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1||firm-ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded and peeled|
|1/3||cup||fresh lemon juice, preferably Meyer|
|1||tsp.||reduced sodium soy sauce|
|1||tsp.||minced fresh thyme|
|4||cups||mixed baby lettuces|
|2||cups||mixed fresh berries and/or pitted cherries|
|1||small pear or apple, sliced or shaved|
|1/2||cup||very thinly sliced mushrooms|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- In a blender combine ¼ avocado, lemon juice, oil, soy sauce, mustard, pepper and thyme until well blended; chill.
- Place lettuces on a serving platter.
- With a vegetable peeler or knife, shave remaining avocado into thin ribbons and arrange on lettuce.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle with the chilled dressing or serve on the side.
Vitamin A 3167 IU; Vitamin C 39 mg; Calcium 56 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 59 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60%; Vitamin C 60%; Calcium 6%; Iron 15 %