Beautiful ribbons of California Avocado adorn this tasty vegan salad with fresh berries and baby lettuces. This low-sodium and zero cholesterol salad is a nutrition powerhouse providing you with key nutrients and great taste. One serving is an excellent source of dietary fiber, vitamins A, C, E and K along with a good source of potassium, iron and folate.
Berries, Baby Lettuce and Avocado Ribbons
Total Time: 1 h
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 3167 IU; Vitamin C 39 mg; Calcium 56 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 59 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 60%; Vitamin C 60%; Calcium 6%; Iron 15 %
Ingredients1 firm-ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded and peeled 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, preferably Meyer 2 Tbsp. grapeseed oil 1 tsp. reduced sodium soy sauce 2 tsp. Deli-style mustard 1/2 tsp. black pepper 1 tsp. minced fresh thyme 4 cups mixed baby lettuces 2 cups mixed fresh berries and/or pitted cherries 1 small pear or apple, sliced or shaved 1/2 cup very thinly sliced mushrooms
- In a blender combine ¼ avocado, lemon juice, oil, soy sauce, mustard, pepper and thyme until well blended; chill.
- Place lettuces on a serving platter.
- With a vegetable peeler or knife, shave remaining avocado into thin ribbons and arrange on lettuce.
- Top with remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle with the chilled dressing or serve on the side.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados