Orange and California Avocado Salad
Total Time: 10 min
Prep Time: |
Ingredients1 Tbsp. red wine sherry vinegar 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced 1/4 cup olive oil 1 1/2 Tbsp. red wine sherry vinegar 1/2 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. black pepper 8 oz. wild field greens 1 orange, sliced As needed Ground black pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, drizzle vinegar over avocado slices; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to make the vinaigrette.
- Toss the field greens with the vinaigrette, leaving 1/4 of it to finish the salad.
- Arrange the avocado and orange slices on top of field greens.
- Drizzle the leftover vinaigrette over the salad and grind fresh black pepper over top to serve.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados