Orange and California Avocado Salad
|1||Tbsp.||red wine sherry vinegar|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||red wine sherry vinegar|
|8||oz.||wild field greens|
|As needed||Ground black pepper to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- In a small bowl, drizzle vinegar over avocado slices; set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper to make the vinaigrette.
- Toss the field greens with the vinaigrette, leaving 1/4 of it to finish the salad.
- Arrange the avocado and orange slices on top of field greens.
- Drizzle the leftover vinaigrette over the salad and grind fresh black pepper over top to serve.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.