For holiday entertaining, this Pan Roasted Turkey Cutlets with Cranberry Avocado Salsa is a simple and delicious Thanksgiving entrée. Rather than roasting an entire bird, pan roast some cutlets and serve with a decadent California Avocado and cranberry topping. Good source of Vitamin C and iron.
Pan Roasted Turkey Cutlets with Cranberry Avocado Salsa
Total Time: 15 min
Vitamin A 365 (IU); Vitamin C 10 mg; Calcium 7 mg; Iron 2.6 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 71 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.15 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 0%; Iron 15%
Ingredients4 (4-oz.) turkey cutlets 2 tsp. garlic powder 1 tsp. smoked paprika 2 Tbsp. olive oil Cranberry Avocado Salsa 2 ripe Fresh California Avocados, peeled and seeded 1/2 cup fresh cranberries, halved 2 tsp. minced jalapeño, optional 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice 1 Tbsp. agave nectar 2 Tbsp. snipped fresh chives 1/4 tsp. coarse salt 1/2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- Season the turkey cutlets on both sides with the garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat in a heavy bottom skillet.
- Place the cutlets in the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until completely cooked through.
- Remove cutlets from the skillet and place on a warm plate. Tent with tin foil and set aside.
Cranberry Avocado Salsa
- Dice avocado and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the halved cranberries, minced jalapeño, lime juice, agave nectar, chives, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Place avocado cranberry topping over the roasted turkey cutlets and serve immediately.
Tip: If using frozen cranberries, you do not need to defrost before using. Cranberries can be easily chopped by using the “pulse” setting on a food processor.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a side of roasted fingerling potatoes, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes/yams or cornbread dressing with your favorite glass of wine and enjoy.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados