For holiday entertaining, this Pan Roasted Turkey Cutlets with Cranberry Avocado Salsa is a simple and delicious Thanksgiving entrée. Rather than roasting an entire bird, pan roast some cutlets and serve with a decadent California Avocado and cranberry topping. Good source of Vitamin C and iron.
Pan Roasted Turkey Cutlets with Cranberry Avocado Salsa
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|4||(4-oz.) turkey cutlets|
|Cranberry Avocado Salsa|
|2||ripe Fresh California Avocados, peeled and seeded|
|1/2||cup||fresh cranberries, halved|
|2||tsp.||minced jalapeño, optional|
|1||Tbsp.||fresh lime juice|
|2||Tbsp.||snipped fresh chives|
|1/2||tsp.||freshly cracked black pepper|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Season the turkey cutlets on both sides with the garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- Heat the oil over medium high heat in a heavy bottom skillet.
- Place the cutlets in the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes on each side until completely cooked through.
- Remove cutlets from the skillet and place on a warm plate. Tent with tin foil and set aside.
Cranberry Avocado Salsa
- Dice avocado and place in a medium bowl.
- Add the halved cranberries, minced jalapeño, lime juice, agave nectar, chives, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Place avocado cranberry topping over the roasted turkey cutlets and serve immediately.
Tip: If using frozen cranberries, you do not need to defrost before using. Cranberries can be easily chopped by using the “pulse” setting on a food processor.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with a side of roasted fingerling potatoes, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes/yams or cornbread dressing with your favorite glass of wine and enjoy.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 365 (IU); Vitamin C 10 mg; Calcium 7 mg; Iron 2.6 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 71 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.15 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 0%; Iron 15%