Recipe courtesy of Chef Tara Lazar, Cheeky’s, Palm Springs CA
Sweet Potato Wedges with California Avocado Chimichurri
|4||medium sweet potatoes (approximately 2 lbs.)|
|1||oz.||queso fresco, crumbled fine|
|1/2||tsp.||each sea salt and pepper|
|California Avocado Chimichurri (recipe follows)|
|California Avocado Chimichurri (Yield: Approximately 4-1/2 cups)|
|1||shallot, roughly chopped|
|2||green onions, roughly chopped|
|1||jalapeno, stemmed and roughly chopped (optional)|
|1/2||cup||cilantro, leaves only|
|1/2||cup||Italian parsley, leaves only|
|1||Tbsp.||red wine vinegar|
|1/2||lemon, freshly squeezed|
|As needed||Salt, to taste|
|3||Fresh California Avocados, diced|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Wash and dry sweet potatoes and cut into 2″ wedges.
- Put the wedges, paprika, salt and pepper in a large plastic bag and toss to coat.
- Arrange sweet potatoes, being careful not to overlap them, on a large rimmed baking tray. Drizzle olive oil on each wedge.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until edges are brown. Serve warm with California Avocado Chimichurri for dipping.
California Avocado Chimichurri Instructions
- In a food processor, combine the shallot, green onions, garlic and salt. Process until finely chopped. Add the jalapeno and pulse until chopped.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse until roughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, roughly mash the avocados, adding spoonfuls of the chimichurri blend until seasoned to taste.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.