Southwest California Avocado Hash and Eggs with California Avocado Chile Cream Sauce
|Southwest California Avocado Hash (recipe follows)|
|California Avocado Chile Cream Sauce (recipe follows)|
|4||large eggs, grilled or poached|
|As needed||Additional large Fresh California Avocados for garnish|
|2||medium potatoes, peeled and diced|
|Southwest California Avocado Hash (Yield: 4 cups)|
|1||large Fresh California Avocado*, pitted, peeled and diced|
|2||Tbsp.||fresh cilantro, rough chopped|
|1/4||cup||yellow bell pepper, diced|
|1/4||cup||red onion, diced|
|2||jalapeño, seeded and diced|
|1||garlic clove, thinly sliced|
|1/2||cup||cherry tomatoes, quartered|
|1||tsp.||cracked black pepper|
|California Avocado Chile Cream Sauce (Yield: 2 cups)|
|1||large Fresh California Avocado*|
|1/2||cup||canned green chilies|
|1||clove garlic, chopped|
|2||Tbsp.||fresh chives, chopped|
|1||Tbsp.||fresh parsley, chopped|
|1/2||Tbsp.||fresh tarragon, chopped|
|2||Tbsp.||green onion, chopped|
|1||cup||light cream, divided|
|As needed||Salt and pepper to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
Southwest California Avocado Hash
- Place potatoes in medium pot of cold water seasoned with salt, bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 3 minutes, remove potatoes and cool in an ice bath. Drain well.
- In a skillet at medium heat add olive oil then garlic, onion, bell pepper, and jalapeño. Sauté gently then add potatoes.
- Toss together to mix, add tomatoes and cumin and heat through. Remove from heat.
- Fold in cilantro and Fresh California Avocado. Season with salt and pepper.
California Avocado Chile Cream Sauce
- In a food processor purée Fresh California Avocado with chiles, garlic, lemon juice, green onion, a fourth of the cream and herbs.
- Pour into a saucepan and heat on low heat. Stir in remaining cream and cook at low heat, stirring occasionally until heated through but do not allow to boil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1 Cup (approximately. 6 ¼ oz.) of Southwest Avocado Hash on a plate and top with a grilled or poached egg and then 1/3 Cup of Avocado Chile Cream Sauce. Garnish with additional sliced Fresh California Avocados and two whole chives.
*A large Fresh California Avocado weighs about 8 oz.