A three-layer vegan smoothie using two key ingredients, California Avocado and coconut water. By adding pineapple, mango, spinach, spirulina and dragon fruit, you get sweet and savory all in one drink and we don’t know where to start on the nutrition. Cholesterol free and a good source of protein (10% DV) and potassium (15% DV), and an excellent source of fiber dietary fiber (29% DV), vitamins A, C, and a high potency of vitamin B12 (240% DV).
Tropical California Avocado Smoothie
Total Time: 5 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 366 mcg; Vitamin C 57 mg; Calcium 72 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 84 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.09 g.
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 40%; Vitamin C 60%; Calcium 6%; Iron 10%; Vitamin D 0%.
IngredientsFor yellow layer: 1/4 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded and peeled 1/2 cup coconut water 1/2 cup frozen pineapple 1/2 frozen mango 1 tsp. maple syrup For green layer: 1/4 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded and peeled 1/2 cup coconut water 1 cup packed spinach 1/2 cup frozen pineapple 1 tsp. maple syrup For teal layer: 1 tsp. spirulina powder 1/4 cup coconut water 1/2 cup dragon fruit chunks, as garnish
- In a high-speed blender, add all the yellow layer ingredients.
- Blend on high for 2 minutes, then pour contents into a glass.
- Add all the green layer ingredients to the blender.
- Blend on high for 2 minutes and pour half of the contents over yellow layer, reserving the other half in the blender.
- Add the teal layer ingredients to the blender and blend.
- Top the smoothie with the teal layer, garnish with dragon fruit chunks, swirl together if desired, and enjoy!
Serving Suggestion: Make this your breakfast drink or afternoon pick-me-up.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Did You Know?
Hydration is very important when exercising. Check out these five ways you can eat to complete. And if you’re hungry, check out these California Avocado recipes for sandwiches, burgers and wraps.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados