This Avocado Spinach Apple Smoothie recipe is super easy to prepare and a great way to include fruits and vegetables in your diet. You can also turn the smoothie into a frozen dessert!
Avocado Spinach Apple Smoothie
Total Time: 5 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 55 mcg; Vitamin C 19 mg; Calcium 101 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 114 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.14 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 8%; Iron 10 %; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients1 cup coconut water, or more to preference 1 large ripe sweet apple, cored, peeled and diced 1 cup baby spinach leaves* 1/2 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded and peeled 1/8 tsp. cinnamon, optional 1 Tbsp. maple syrup or other sweetener, optional 1 scoop non-dairy protein powder, optional
- In a blender or food processor combine all ingredients. Use smoothie, purée or frappe setting if available. If necessary, stop blender and carefully stir ingredients, then blend again until smooth.
- Taste smoothie and add more coconut water to thin and/or sweetener and add-ins if desired.
- Pour into a large glass or smoothie bowl and enjoy.
* Or use ½ cup cooked, chilled spinach or other cooked greens in place of fresh.
Frozen Avocado Dessert Variation:
- Make a small batch of Avocado Spinach Apple Ice Cream by including the optional maple syrup or other sweetener. Follow directions on your ice cream maker to create a delicious frosty vegan dessert.
Serving Suggestion: Garnish with fresh apple slices.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados