Achiote Grilled Chicken Tostada with California Avocado-Black Bean Relish
|Achiote Marinade (recipe follows)|
|2||each chicken breast (4-6 oz.)|
|1||head Napa cabbage|
|15||gyoza wrappers (round)|
|Mango Lime Vinaigrette (recipe follows)|
|California Avocado-Black Bean Relish (recipe follows)|
|Micro cilantro, as needed for garnish|
|Achiote Marinade (Yield: 1-1/2 cups)|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|Mango Lime Vinaigrette (Yield: approx. 4 cups)|
|California Avocado-Black Bean Relish|
|minced red onion|
|1||minced red bell pepper|
|1||minced green bell pepper|
|1||minced jalapeno pepper|
|2||cups||cooked black beans|
|1||diced Fresh California Avocado*|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Combine first two ingredients in a mixing bowl, breaking up the paste with a wire whisk.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper.
Mango Lime Vinaigrette
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process for about 30 seconds. Reserve.
California Avocado-Black Bean Relish
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Reserve for service.
- Make Achiote Marinade and marinate chicken breasts for at least 6 and up to 24 hours.
- Cut the cabbage in thin shreds and reserve.
- Spray or brush gyoza skins lightly with canola oil. Bake for about 10 minutes in a pre-heated 375°F oven, or until golden brown (gyoza skins can also be deep-fried).
- Grill chicken breasts. Cool slightly and slice thinly on the diagonal.
- Toss cabbage with Mango Lime Vinaigrette and portion onto prepared gyoza skins, the top with chicken.
- To serve, top with California Avocado-Black Bean relish and garnish with micro cilantro.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.