These crispy, crunchy, cheesy keto avocado fries are a sure winner especially when paired with this easy romesco sauce. The air fryer crisps these delicious fries without having to fuss over a deep fryer. The secret to perfect crispiness while making sure the avocados keep their shape is twofold: first, choose avocados that are ripe, but still firm. Second, we give a little rest in the freezer after we’ve breaded them.
Air Fryer Avocado Fries with Romesco Sauce
Total Time: 25 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 170 mcg; Vitamin C 35 mg; Calcium 350 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 162 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.39 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 25%; Iron 15 %; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients3 firm ripe, fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and sliced into ½ inch wedges 4 oz. shredded parmesan 1/2 cup almond flour 1 tsp. garlic powder 1 tsp. pepper 1/4 tsp. salt Romesco Sauce 1 roasted red bell pepper from a jar or homemade 1 roma tomato, halved 1/2 cup slivered almonds 1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar 2 cloves of garlic, peeled 1 tsp. smoked paprika 1/3 cup olive oil 1/4 tsp. salt or to taste 1/8 tsp. pepper, or to taste
- Refrigerate avocado wedges until cold.
- In a blender or food processor combine parmesan, almond flour, and spices and pulse until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add about ⅓ of the mix to a plate and press avocado wedges into the mix to evenly coat. Repeat until all the wedges have been covered. Arrange wedges in a single layer and place in the freezer while you make the sauce and preheat your air fryer.
- Add red pepper, tomato, almonds, vinegar, garlic and smoked paprika to a blender or food processor and blend for about 10 seconds or until a chunky paste forms. With the motor running, drizzle the olive oil in slowly, then add salt and pepper to taste (sauce can be made up to 2 days in advance,
- Preheat air fryer to high (We set to 390 º). Working in batches, spray the avocados with a bit of cooking spray and arrange a single layer of avocados in the air fryer basket. Cook until crispy on all sides about 5-7 minutes– turning often. Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion: Serve alongside a bowl of green gazpacho.
Beverage Pairing: Chilled White Wine.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados