These crispy, crunchy, cheesy keto avocado fries are a sure winner especially when paired with this easy romesco sauce. The air fryer crisps these delicious fries without having to fuss over a deep fryer. The secret to perfect crispiness while making sure the avocados keep their shape is twofold: first, choose avocados that are ripe, but still firm. Second, we give a little rest in the freezer after we’ve breaded them.
Air Fryer Avocado Fries with Romesco Sauce
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|3||firm ripe, fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and sliced into ½ inch wedges|
|1||roasted red bell pepper from a jar or homemade|
|1||roma tomato, halved|
|1||Tbsp.||red wine vinegar|
|2||cloves of garlic, peeled|
|1/4||tsp.||salt or to taste|
|1/8||tsp.||pepper, or to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Refrigerate avocado wedges until cold.
- In a blender or food processor combine parmesan, almond flour, and spices and pulse until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add about ⅓ of the mix to a plate and press avocado wedges into the mix to evenly coat. Repeat until all the wedges have been covered. Arrange wedges in a single layer and place in the freezer while you make the sauce and preheat your air fryer.
- Add red pepper, tomato, almonds, vinegar, garlic and smoked paprika to a blender or food processor and blend for about 10 seconds or until a chunky paste forms. With the motor running, drizzle the olive oil in slowly, then add salt and pepper to taste (sauce can be made up to 2 days in advance,
- Preheat air fryer to high (We set to 390 º). Working in batches, spray the avocados with a bit of cooking spray and arrange a single layer of avocados in the air fryer basket. Cook until crispy on all sides about 5-7 minutes– turning often. Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestion: Serve alongside a bowl of green gazpacho.
Beverage Pairing: Chilled White Wine.
Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 170 mcg; Vitamin C 35 mg; Calcium 350 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 162 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.39 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 25%; Iron 15 %; Vitamin D 0%