Avos Avos Avos
IngredientsAvocado Fondue (Yield: 3/4 cup) 4 oz. Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded* 2 oz. mascarpone 1 oz. goat cheese 3/4 tsp. lime juice 3/4 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. white pepper Dressed Avocado 1/4 Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced* 2 tsp. Extra virgin olive oil 1 tsp. lime juice As needed Maldon salt and cracked pepper to taste Crispy Avocado 1/4 Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded* 1/4 oz. Kataifi dough (shredded filo dough) 1 Tbsp. clarified butter Salt and pepper , to taste As needed Oil for frying
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Place puree in a small sauce pan and heat until warm. Pour contents into a small ramekin to serve.
- Whisk extra virgin olive oil with the lime juice. Add Maldon salt and cracked pepper to taste.
- Place avocado slices on a plate large enough to hold fondue, dressed avocado and crispy avocado. Drizzle avocado slices with the lime dressing.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large heavy pot to 350° F.
- Lay a bundle of Kataifi on a work surface and brush with clarified butter. Wrap the dough around the avocado wedge leaving the edges exposed.
- Fry for about 1 minute until the Kataifi is golden and crispy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange Avocado Fondue, Dressed Avocado and Crispy Avocado on an appetizer service plate. Serve.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados