Avos Avos Avos
|Avocado Fondue (Yield: 3/4 cup)|
|4||oz.||Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded*|
|1/4||Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded, thinly sliced*|
|2||tsp.||Extra virgin olive oil|
|As needed||Maldon salt and cracked pepper to taste|
|1/4||Fresh California Avocado, peeled and seeded*|
|1/4||oz.||Kataifi dough (shredded filo dough)|
|Salt and pepper , to taste|
|As needed||Oil for frying|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth. Place puree in a small sauce pan and heat until warm. Pour contents into a small ramekin to serve.
- Whisk extra virgin olive oil with the lime juice. Add Maldon salt and cracked pepper to taste.
- Place avocado slices on a plate large enough to hold fondue, dressed avocado and crispy avocado. Drizzle avocado slices with the lime dressing.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large heavy pot to 350° F.
- Lay a bundle of Kataifi on a work surface and brush with clarified butter. Wrap the dough around the avocado wedge leaving the edges exposed.
- Fry for about 1 minute until the Kataifi is golden and crispy. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange Avocado Fondue, Dressed Avocado and Crispy Avocado on an appetizer service plate. Serve.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.