California Avocado Grower Terttu Obole created this light and flavorful salad featuring Fresh California Avocados, artichoke hearts, olives and chicken.
Artichoke, Avocado & Chicken Salad
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|As needed||Terttu's Special Dressing (see make-ahead recipe below)|
|1||(14-oz.) can artichoke hearts, rinsed and drained cup pimento-stuffed green olives, sliced|
|10||oz.||cooked chicken, shredded|
|1||(10-oz.) bag chopped romaine lettuce|
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Terttu's Special Dressing|
|1/3||cup||seasoned rice wine vinegar|
|1||tsp.||toasted sesame oil|
|2||Tbsp.||light Caesar dressing|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Gently toss a small amount of the dressing with each of the artichoke hearts, olives, chicken. Reserve remaining dressing.
- Place lettuce in a large flat serving bowl. Toss with half of the reserved dressing.
- Top lettuce with the artichoke hearts, olives, chicken and avocados.
- Serve immediately and pass remaining dressing on the side.
Terttu’s Special Dressing
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, mix all dressing ingredients.
- Shake well before using.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Serve with garlic bread for a delicious meal.
Try with a California Chardonnay.
Vitamin A 4433 IU; Vitamin C 35 mg; Calcium 92 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 227 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.3 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 90%; Vitamin C 60%; Calcium 10%; Iron 20%