Dungeness Crab, Watermelon & California Avocado Salad
|1||small seedless watermelon, sliced 1/4" thick|
|6||oz.||fresh Dungeness crab meat|
|2||Fresh California Avocado|
|2||limes, juiced, as needed|
|As needed||Chervil Vinaigrette (recipe follows)|
|As needed||Deviled Jicama (recipe follows)|
|As needed||Chives, chopped as needed|
|As needed||Sea salt, to taste|
|As needed||Fresh California Avocado slices, for garnish|
|1||Tbsp.||extra-virgin olive oil|
|1||tsp.||white balsamic vinegar|
|As needed||Salt and pepper to taste|
|Deviled Jicama (Yield: 2/3 cup)|
|2 1/2||oz.||jicama, julienned|
|1||tsp.||sriracha hot sauce|
|As needed||Salt to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Gently mix all ingredients in a bowl. Keep refrigerated.
- Using a 3” round or square cutter, cut out 12 shapes from the watermelon slices. Set aside. (Optional: Grill one side of each watermelon slice.)
- Cut avocados in half and scoop fruit into a bowl. Mash the avocado with the lime juice, mixing in enough juice as needed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On each plate, place one slice of watermelon. Place about 2 ½ tablespoons of the avocado mixture on top of each watermelon slice, followed by 1 oz. of crab. Top with another slice of watermelon. Garnish top with Deviled Jicama, a little of the Chervil Vinaigrette and a slice of Fresh California Avocado. Sprinkle with chopped chives and a little sea salt. Serve.
* A large Fresh California Avocado weighs about 8 oz.