I loooooove me some avocado toast. But I also love fall and I cannot wait for some cooler weather, fall flavors and some cozy company.
I can see it now. Invite a few friends over for a dinner party, pour a little wine and enjoy these perfect little Autumn California Avocado Toasts while dinner finishes up in the slow cooker.
I love the contrast of the creamy avocados, crunchy apples and sweet drizzle of honey. It's the perfect combination and makes for a fun and festive autumn appetizer. I promise your guests will absolutely love it!
Autumn California Avocado Toast Recipe
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 loaf rustic bread, sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 Ripe, California Avocado, peeled, seeded and mashed
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- 1 Large apple, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Pomegranate seeds
- 3 tbsp. Honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly brush both sides of the bread with olive oil and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt, evenly.
- Toast bread for 7-9 minutes until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a medium bowl with the mashed avocado, add lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Spread the avocado mixture evenly onto each slice of toasted bread and top with sliced apples, pomegranate seeds and drizzle with honey.
- Serve and enjoy!