Bacon California Avocado and Tomato Club
|24||Baguette Croutons (recipe follows)|
|2 1/2||each Fresh California Avocados*|
|1/2||tsp.||lemon juice, fresh|
|4||slices crisp cooked bacon, cut into thin strips|
|1||cup||micro sprouts or micro greens|
|As needed||Roasted Cherry Tomatoes (recipe follows)|
|1/4||cup||basil pesto, thin consistency|
|Baguette Croutons (Yield: 24 each)|
|24||thin slices of 2" diameter baguette|
|As needed||Melted butter, as needed|
|Roasted Cherry Tomatoes (Yield: 1 batch)|
|2||cups||cherry tomatoes, cut in half|
|Lemon Aioli (Yield: 1/2 cup)|
|1||tsp.||lemon juice, fresh|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Brush one side of the baguette slices with melted butter.
- Bake at 375 degrees F until lightly toasted, about 15 minutes. Cool.
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes:
- Slice tomatoes in half and toss with olive oil.
- Roast at 400 degrees F until lightly browned, about 15 – 20 minutes. Cool.
- Mix together mayonnaise and fresh lemon juice.
Bacon California Avocado and Tomato Club:
- Coarsely mash the avocado and mix it with the fresh lemon juice.
- Top each crouton with 1 Tbsp. of the mashed avocado mixture.
- Top with 2 thin strips of bacon, micro sprouts, lemon aioli and roasted cherry tomatoes.
- Drizzle with pesto. Serve immediately.
- Servings of 2 each
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.