A decadent, creamy, frozen dessert that’s actually healthy! California Avocados are blended with coconut milk and agave, blueberries are added in, the pops are frozen and drizzled with dark chocolate sauce.
Avocado Blueberry Pops
Total Time: 15 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 4 mcg; Vitamin C 8 mg; Calcium 7 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 44 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.06 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 0%; Iron 6 %; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients2 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded and peeled 1 (13.5 oz) can reduced fat coconut milk 3 Tbsp. agave 1 medium lemon, juice only 1/8 tsp. salt, or to taste 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries* 10 popsicle sticks Topping 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate on top of the pops 2 Tbsp. crushed pistachios (or preferred nuts) - optional
- Blend all ingredients, except blueberries, in blender until smooth.
- Add blueberries and pulse briefly so that only some of the blueberries get blended but others remain whole. *If using fresh blueberries, be careful not to blend too much and breakdown the blueberries.
- Pour into popsicle mold, add popsicle sticks, and freeze overnight
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top of the pops
- Sprinkle nuts on top (optional)
Variations: Try with any fresh berry or chunks of fruit
Serving Suggestion: If you don’t have popsicle molds, use a paper, plastic or glass cup as a mold, or upcycle and use a cleaned yogurt container; pour mixture into cups, freeze partially. Add popsicle sticks once partially frozen; continue freezing until solid. Enjoy!
Beverage Pairing: lemonade or iced tea
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados