Avocado Crab Cakes and Avocado Sauce
Ingredients1 lb. lump crabmeat, drained 3/4 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs 1 large egg 3 small California Avocados, peeled and mashed 1/2 cup chopped green onions 1 garlic clove, minced 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice 1/2 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper 1 stick (1/2 cup) Land O Lakes Butter 3 Tbsp. olive oil Avocado Sauce: 2 small California Avocados, peeled 1/2 cup sour cream 1 tsp. grated lime rind 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice 1/4 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper
- Stir together first 9 ingredients
- Shape into 12 patties.
- Chill at least 1 hour.
- Melt butter in oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add patties, 4 at a time.
- Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Drain well, and keep warm.
- Serve with Avocado Sauce.
- Mash avocados in a medium bowl
- Stir in sour cream and next 4 ingredients.
- Chill 1 hour.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados