This is not your average cucumber roll! A sophisticated appetizer, these California Avocado Cucumber Rolls with Crème Fraiche Pesto are both as pleasing to the palate as to the eye.
California Avocado Cucumber Rolls with Crème Fraiche Pesto
|1||large cucumber, thinly sliced lengthwise into 12 slices|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced into 12 slices|
|1||large tomato, diced|
|1||Tbsp.||jalapeño, seeded and diced|
|Crème Fraiche Pesto Sauce, see make-ahead recipe below|
|Crème Fraiche Pesto Sauce|
|1||cup||whole raw cashews|
|1/2||cup||coconut cream, refrigerated|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Fold cucumber slices into small rolls and place on its ends. Repeat this step until you create 12 rolls.
- Stuff the cucumber rolls with avocado slices.
- Mix tomato and jalapeño in a bowl and top the avocado and cucumber rolls, like a salsa.
- To serve, top each of the California Avocado Cucumber Rolls with one teaspoon of the Crème Fraiche Pesto Sauce.
Crème Fraiche Pesto Sauce Instructions:
- In a bowl, soak cashews in water for two hours.
- Combine coconut cream, cashews, basil, pine nuts, nutritional yeast and lemon juice in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Serving Suggestion: These refreshing cucumber rolls are a unique starter dish in lieu of a more traditional salad. They also make an easy and elegant afternoon snack.
Beverage Pairing: A light bodied rosé (such as Provençal) makes a lovely accompaniment to these California Avocado Cucumber Rolls, as does a fresh squeezed lemonade.