This California Avocado lovers’ take on Afternoon Tea features a variety of delicious and delicate recipes perfect for any occasion: cucumber, cream cheese and avocado finger sandwiches, a whipped avocado cream served on seed crackers with radishes and chives, as well as a caprese stuffed avocado.
California Avocado Afternoon Tea Snacks
Total Time: 25 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 28 mcg; Vitamin C 22 mg; Calcium 122 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 176 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.34 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 10%; Iron 15 %; Vitamin D 0%
IngredientsCalifornia Avocado Finger Sandwiches 1/4 cup vegan cream cheese 4 slices gluten free sandwich bread 2 small Persian cucumbers, sliced 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced 1/8 tsp. cracked black pepper, or to taste 1/8 tsp. salt, or to taste California Avocado Whip 1 1/2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled 1 lemon, juiced 1/4 tsp. olive oil 1/8 tsp. salt, or to taste 1/8 tsp. cracked black pepper, or to taste 10 multigrain or water crackers 1/4 oz. chives 1 breakfast radish, thinly sliced (breakfast radishes are usually mild and oval in shape; substitute a common radish if not available) Stuffed California Avocado 1/2 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded and peeled 1/4 cup vegan mozzarella, rolled into small balls 6 fresh cherry tomatoes, halved 4 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced 1/8 tsp. salt, or to taste 1/8 tsp. cracked black pepper, freshly cracked, or to taste 1/4 tsp. olive oil, or to taste (optional)
California Avocado Finger Sandwiches
- Spread cream cheese on one slice of gluten free sandwich bread.
- Layer the cucumber slices, followed by the avocado slices. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the second slice of bread on top, then cut off the crust and slice diagonally.
- Repeat with the remaining slices of bread.
California Avocado Whip
- Add the avocado, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth, making sure no clumps or chunks remain.
- Transfer into piping bag with a star tip and pipe onto crackers.
- Garnish with chives and radish.
Stuffed California Avocado
- Place the avocado half on a plate, cut side up and place the mozzarella balls, halved tomatoes and fresh basil leaves into the avocado half.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and drizzle with olive oil.
Serving Suggestion: Assemble all of your elements on a board or tiered stand along with a few additional cucumber slices and dessert of choice and serve with lots of tea!
Beverage Pairing: Serve with your favorite tea or hot beverage.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Did You Know?
You can’t always tell if an avocado is ripe just by its color.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados