Thanks to this no-bake recipe, you can leave the kitchen and enjoy the party! Leave in the freezer, serve when ready and enjoy your creamy, delicious result.
California Avocado and Chocolate Bars
Total Time: 15 min
Prep Time: |
Ingredients2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and cut in half 2 cups whole raw cashews 1/2 cup maple syrup 5 Tbsp. coconut oil 1 tsp. vanilla 1 lemon, juiced Crust, see make-ahead recipe below Chocolate Drizzle, see make-ahead recipe below Crust 4 cups oats 1 cup walnuts, pecans, walnuts or pepitas (your choice) 1/2 cup coconut oil Chocolate Drizzle 1 tsp. butter 1 cup chocolate chips, milk or dark chocolate (your choice) 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
California Avocado and Chocolate Bar Instructions:
- Combine avocados, cashews, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and lemon juice in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour filling over Crust then lightly pour the Chocolate Drizzle over the mixture and use a knife to create a swirled pattern.
- Place in the freezer for two hours or until completely firm.
- Line an 8 x 8 -inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, nuts and coconut oil in a blender and mix until consistent.
- Pour granola mixture into the baking dish and place in the freezer for ten minutes.
Chocolate Drizzle Instructions:
- In a small saucepan, gently melt the butter over low heat.
- Slowly add the chocolate chips and coconut oil and stir frequently.
- Keep on low heat until ready to drizzle over avocado mixture.
Serving Suggestion: The milk or dark chocolate provides a rich contrast against the creamy avocado but feel free to substitute with white chocolate for a more subtle but equally sweet combination.
Beverage Pairing: Enjoy this dessert with a glass of milk to balance the creamy texture of the bar.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Did You Know?
You can’t always tell if an avocado is ripe just by its color.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados