Thanks to this no-bake recipe, you can leave the kitchen and enjoy the party! Leave in the freezer, serve when ready and enjoy your creamy, delicious result.
California Avocado and Chocolate Bars
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and cut in half|
|2||cups||whole raw cashews|
|Crust, see make-ahead recipe below|
|Chocolate Drizzle, see make-ahead recipe below|
|1||cup||walnuts, pecans, walnuts or pepitas (your choice)|
|1||cup||chocolate chips, milk or dark chocolate (your choice)|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
California Avocado and Chocolate Bar Instructions:
- Combine avocados, cashews, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and lemon juice in a blender and mix until smooth.
- Pour filling over Crust then lightly pour the Chocolate Drizzle over the mixture and use a knife to create a swirled pattern.
- Place in the freezer for two hours or until completely firm.
- Line an 8 x 8 -inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine oats, nuts and coconut oil in a blender and mix until consistent.
- Pour granola mixture into the baking dish and place in the freezer for ten minutes.
Chocolate Drizzle Instructions:
- In a small saucepan, gently melt the butter over low heat.
- Slowly add the chocolate chips and coconut oil and stir frequently.
- Keep on low heat until ready to drizzle over avocado mixture.
Serving Suggestion: The milk or dark chocolate provides a rich contrast against the creamy avocado but feel free to substitute with white chocolate for a more subtle but equally sweet combination.
Beverage Pairing: Enjoy this dessert with a glass of milk to balance the creamy texture of the bar.