California Avocado Chimichurri Egg Salad Toast
Ingredients8 hard-boiled eggs 1 Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded, diced 1 Tbsp. plain yogurt 1 pinch white pepper, freshly ground 1 pinch sea salt 1 Tbsp. Chimichurri (recipe follows) 4 slices farmers bread Chimichurri (Yield: 1-½ cups) 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped 1/3 cup oregano, fresh, chopped 4 clove garlic, peeled and minced 3/4 cup olive oil 1 tsp. red pepper flakes, crushed 1/2 cup red wine vinegar 2 cups cilantro, chopped 1 pinch sea salt
- Combine vinegar, sea salt garlic and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl.
- Add olive oil, parsley, oregano and cilantro and mix well. Let sit for 3 hours to develop flavors (overnight in the refrigerator is optimal). Serve at room temperature.
- Store unused Chimichurri in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, or pour into ice cube trays and freeze in individual portions.
- Chop 4 hard-boiled eggs. Remove yolk from remaining four eggs, chop the whites and set aside the yolks for another use.
- Peel and seed the avocado and cut into a medium dice.
- Combine the chopped eggs and egg whites, avocado, yogurt, salt and pepper. Mix together with a fork. Stir in 1 Tbsp. Chimichurri.
- Toast the bread slices. Divide the California Avocado Chimichurri Egg Salad mixture into four portions and spoon onto toast slices.
- Serve with additional Chimichurri, if desired.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados