California Avocado Chimichurri Egg Salad Toast
|1||Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded, diced|
|1||pinch||white pepper, freshly ground|
|1||Tbsp.||Chimichurri (recipe follows)|
|4||slices farmers bread|
|Chimichurri (Yield: 1-½ cups)|
|1||cup||flat leaf parsley, chopped|
|1/3||cup||oregano, fresh, chopped|
|4||clove garlic, peeled and minced|
|1||tsp.||red pepper flakes, crushed|
|1/2||cup||red wine vinegar|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Combine vinegar, sea salt garlic and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl.
- Add olive oil, parsley, oregano and cilantro and mix well. Let sit for 3 hours to develop flavors (overnight in the refrigerator is optimal). Serve at room temperature.
- Store unused Chimichurri in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, or pour into ice cube trays and freeze in individual portions.
- Chop 4 hard-boiled eggs. Remove yolk from remaining four eggs, chop the whites and set aside the yolks for another use.
- Peel and seed the avocado and cut into a medium dice.
- Combine the chopped eggs and egg whites, avocado, yogurt, salt and pepper. Mix together with a fork. Stir in 1 Tbsp. Chimichurri.
- Toast the bread slices. Divide the California Avocado Chimichurri Egg Salad mixture into four portions and spoon onto toast slices.
- Serve with additional Chimichurri, if desired.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.