California Avocado halves make delicious bowls for a low-sodium roasted turkey salad, perfect for a quick, no-cook summer entrée or that leftover holiday turkey. Greek yogurt and avocado add a creamy, healthy touch to this protein-packed dish.
Roasted Turkey Salad Stuffed California Avocado
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, halved and seeded|
|1/4||cup||plain nonfat Greek yogurt|
|1/2||lb.||roasted turkey breast, diced|
|1/8||tsp.||crushed black pepper, or to taste|
|1/8||tsp.||sea salt, or to taste|
|1||Tbsp.||dried cranberries, blueberries or cherries|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Using a measuring tablespoon, scoop about 1 Tbsp. avocado from around the cavity to make it bigger. Place the scooped avocado in a medium bowl.
- Set aside a few chives for garnish. Add remaining chives and the tarragon to the avocado and mash together. Stir in yogurt.
- Fold in the turkey. Taste and add pepper and salt if desired.
- Scoop turkey salad into the avocado halves, making a mound in the center.
- Scatter the dried cranberries (or blueberries/cherries if using) over the salads and garnish with the reserved chives. Serve, or if not serving immediately sprinkle avocado with lemon juice, cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with watercress or an herb salad.
Beverage Pairing: Sparkling wine.
*If available substitute 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh tarragon or another fresh herb such as basil, cilantro or dill.
**Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 9 mcg ; Vitamin C 7 mg ; Calcium 35 mg ; Iron 1 mg ; Vitamin D 0 mcg ; Folate 69 mcg ; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.12g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 2%; Iron 6 %; Vitamin D 0%