California Avocados help make this chocolate avocado mousse rich and smooth. Paired with candy crumble and homemade caramel topping it is a luscious dessert.
California Avocado Chocolate Mousse with Candy Bar & Caramel Topping
Total Time: 20 min
Prep Time: |
IngredientsMousse 12 oz. semi sweet chocolate 1 cup Heavy Cream 1/2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and mashed Candy Bar & Caramel Topping 2 chocolate covered peanut, nougat and caramel candy bars 1/4 cup sugar 2 Tbsp. light corn syrup 2 Tbsp. salted butter 1/4 cup Heavy Cream 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract 1/8 tsp. salt
- Place chocolate in a bowl.
- In a saucepan, bring the heavy cream to a simmer. Do not let the cream boil.
- Add the simmering heavy cream to the bowl of chocolate, and let sit for one minute, letting the chocolate melt. Once the chocolate has melted, mix the ingredients together, with a rubber spatula, until the chocolate mixture is smooth. Let the mixture sit in the refrigerator until it has cooled, about fifteen minutes.
- Add the avocado to the bowl and whisk the mixture using a hand or stand mixer until it thickens up, and doubles in size, about ten minutes. Place in the refrigerator for another 30 minutes, while you make the caramel.
Candy Bar & Caramel Topping:
- Place candy bars in the refrigerator while you work on caramel. This will make them easier to chop.
- Place a saucepan over high heat, and cook the sugar, light corn syrup, butter, and 3/4 of the cream together. Give it a quick stir, and then do not place any utensils back into the pot. Let the mixture cook until it bubbles up and turns a medium golden brown.
- Remove from heat and carefully whisk in the remaining cream, vanilla, and salt. The caramel is very hot, so be careful of any splatter. Let the caramel cool slightly until it is thick enough to coat a spoon.
- While caramel is cooling, slice candy bars in small bite sized pieces.
- Place mousse in serving dishes, add candy bar crumble, and drizzle the caramel on top. And it’s ready to serve.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados