California Avocado Flan with Oyster and Corn
Ingredients5 eggs, lightly beaten 2 pt. Whipping cream 2 lb. California Avocados 1 Tbsp. salt 1/2 tsp. Freshly ground white pepper 18 Oysters, poached As needed Cooked corn kernals - as needed for garnish As needed Chopped cilantro - as needed for garnish As needed Thyme sprigs - as needed for garnish
- On low speed (take care not to create foam), mix eggs, cream, avocados, salt and pepper.
- Divide among 18 four-ounce ramekins.
- Put ramekins in a shallow baking pan; pour hot water around ramekins half-way up their sides. Cover with foil.
- Bake at 325°F until custard sets, about 25 minutes.
- PER ORDER
- Garnish flan with 1 oyster, corn, cilantro and a thyme sprig.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados