California Avocado Shrimp Tostadas
Total Time: 10 min
Ingredients4 small corn tortillas 1/2 cup grape seed oil 3 ripe, Fresh California Avocados , seeded, peeled and diced 3 Tbsp. chopped chives 1 lime, juiced 1 cup refried beans 4 ears of corn, grilled and kernels removed 1/2 lb. medium sized shrimp, peeled and deveined 1 red bell pepper, chopped 1 tsp. cayenne pepper 1 tsp. garlic powder As needed Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, heat the grapeseed oil over medium high heat until almost smoking. Add the tortillas into the oil, one at a time, and fry on each side for about 1-2 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Remove with tongs and set aside to dry on a paper towel. Repeat process with other corn tortillas.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado, chives and lime juice together with a fork, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Toss the shrimp with the cayenne and garlic powder as well as salt and pepper. Saute in a medium skillet with 2 Tbsp. of grapeseed oil for 2-3 minutes on each side until pink and cooked.
- Spread 1/4 cup of refried beans on top of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle on the charred corn.
- Spread a layer of the mashed avocado chive mixture on top.
- Top with the red bell pepper.
- Finish with a few shrimp.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed.
© 2011 What’s Gaby Cooking
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados