This Summer Harvest Salad is loaded with the abundant produce of summer. From juicy grape tomatoes, bursting with flavor, to fresh, creamy California Avocados and of course, grilled sweet corn, this is summer in a bowl. What better way to say goodbye to one of my favorite times of the year and to welcome a new season of abundance? Enjoy!
Summer Harvest Salad
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|2||ripe Fresh California Avocados, seeded, peeled and chopped|
|1||pt.||grape or cherry tomatoes, halved|
|3||ears of grilled sweet corn, kernels removed and cob thrown away|
|2||Tbsp.||fresh basil, chopped|
|2||Tbsp.||unsalted butter (not margarine), melted|
|As needed||Cracked Black Pepper to Taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Place California Avocados, grape tomatoes, sweet corn kernels and basil in a medium bowl. Gently toss.
- Drizzle butter and lime juice over salad, gently toss again.
- Sprinkle with Kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- For best flavor and freshness, serve immediately.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 417 IU; Vitamin C 31 mg; Calcium 33 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 4 IU; Folate 145 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.19 g
% Daily Value*: Total Fat 38%; Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 50%; Calcium 4%; Iron 8%