These flautas are so easy to make but so good and satisfying. This recipe comes together in roughly 30 minutes and is the best appetizer for your next cookout! Simply make the guacamole, roll inside flour tortillas, and pop them in the oven. While the flautas are baking, whip up the California Avocado and Garlic Crema, the perfect cool dipping sauce that is as equally simple as it is smooth. It doesn’t take more than that to get a quick and easy crispy flauta!
California Avocado Flautas with California Avocado Garlic Crema
Total Time: 35 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 92 mcg; Vitamin C 37 mg; Calcium 101 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 263 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.36 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 8%; Iron 10 %; Vitamin D 0%
IngredientsCalifornia Avocado and Garlic Crema 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, seeded and peeled 1/2 cup cilantro 1/2 cup sour cream 1/2 tsp. sea salt 1/2 tsp. pepper 2 limes, juiced 3 cloves garlic California Avocado Flautas 3 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled and seeded 3 key limes, juiced 1/2 tsp. sea salt 1/2 tsp. pepper 3/4 cup diced red onion 1/4 cup chopped cilantro 3 cloves garlic, minced 8 (8 in) flour tortillas California Avocado Garlic Crema (see make-ahead recipe above)
- Preheat the oven to 425 F.
- In a blender or food processor, add all of the crema ingredients and pulse until smooth. Set aside until ready to serve.
- In a large bowl, incorporate the avocado, lime juice, salt, pepper, onion, cilantro and garlic until the avocado is mashed.
- Using a spoon, scoop a straight line of equal amounts of avocado mixture into the center of each tortilla.
- Roll the filled tortillas into long cigars and place seam side down on a baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven when brown and crispy and enjoy with California Avocado Garlic Crema!
Variations: For a spicier crema, add in diced jalapeños until spice level is to your taste. For a lighter crema, feel free to swap out the sour cream for Greek yogurt.
Serving Suggestion: The crema can be made ahead of time to chill in the refrigerator. The longer the crema sits, the more time all the flavors have to meld together. To store the flauta mixture, place a piece of plastic wrap directly on the surface of the mixture and refrigerate.
Beverage Pairing: Enjoy with a margarita for a fun, fiesta themed meal!
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados