Grilled California Avocado Quesadilla
|12||California Avocados, halved|
|As needed||Fresh lime or lemon juice|
|As needed||Olive oil|
|1 1/2||cups||manchego cheese, shredded finely|
|1||cup||Panela cheese, grated|
|3||Tbsp.||Cotija cheese, shredded finely|
|As needed||Freshly ground black pepper|
|12||poblano chiles, roasted, peeled, cut into thin strips|
|12||Home-made flour tortillas, about 10 inches in diameter|
|As needed||Unsalted butter|
|As needed||Salsa fresca|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- An hour or two before service: Cut each avocado half into 5 or 6 slices about 3/8-inch thick.
- Brush each slice on both sides with juice and oil; lightly sprinkle with salt.
- Grill, turning once, until lightly browned with grill marks; reserve.
- Thoroughly mix cheeses; reserve.
- Per Order:
- Lay 1 tortilla on a work surface.
- Put 1/4 cup cheese mixture on half the tortilla.
- On top of cheese evenly distribute 1/2 ounce poblano strips (about 8).
- Top with 4 or 5 grilled avocado slices.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon salsa (optional); top with 1/4 cup cheese mixture.
- Brown quesadilla on medium heat in hot butter on both sides.
- Cover pan for a minute or so to finish melting cheese.
- Cut into 4 pieces. Serve with 1/4 cup salsa on the side.