This California Avocado glass noodle salad with pork chops is an easy and vibrant Vietnamese-inspired salad that takes just 30 minutes to make!
California Avocado Glass Noodle Salad with Porkchops
Total Time: 30 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 268 mcg; Vitamin C 72 mg; Calcium 180 mg; Iron 9 mg; Vitamin D 1 mcg; Folate 161 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.45 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 30%; Vitamin C 80%; Calcium 15%; Iron 50%; Vitamin D 6%
IngredientsNuoc Chom Dressing: 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar 2 Tbsp. water 2 Tbsp. soy sauce 4 Tbsp. lime juice Salad: 3 cups mixed greens loosely packed 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled, jewel cut 2 radish, medium, sliced 2 scallion, sliced 2 Persian cucumber, jewel cut 1/3 cup cilantro, picked, small stems okay 1/3 cup mint, picked 1/2 fresno chile, sliced 1/4 cup cashews, chopped 1 package glass noodles 4 pork chops, ½” thick, 2 oz. each 1/8 tsp. salt, or to taste 1/8 tsp. pepper, or to taste 1/8 tsp. Ancho chile powder, or to taste 1 Tbsp. avocado oil, substitute other high-heat cooking oil if desired 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Combine coconut sugar and water together in a small mixing bowl, whisk lightly to combine, then add the soy and lime juice, whisk together briefly and set aside.
- Season both sides of each pork chop with desired salt, pepper and ancho the dress with avocado oil.
- Heat a medium sauce pan with water to a boil, cook noodles according to package, usually about 6 minutes, drain then cool in ice water before straining again and tossing with about 1t olive oil, reserve.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat, then cook the pork chops for about 30-45 seconds on each side, or until cooked through, remove from heat and reserve.
- Combine the mixed greens, avocado, radish, cucumber, scallion, mint and cilantro in a large mixing bowl, add 2t of the dressing and 1t olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, mix.
- Divide the salad between two bowls, then add cooked noodles and 2 pork chops to each, top with chopped cashews and fresno chile threads.
- Serve with extra dressing on the side to pour over at the table, enjoy!
Serving Suggestion: Serve with extra nuac chom on the side.
Beverage Pairing: Enjoy with authentic iced Vietnamese coffee.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Did You Know?
You can’t always tell if an avocado is ripe just by its color.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados