These delicious zucchini muffins with 0 g saturated fat and 4 g dietary fiber per muffin use California Avocado instead of butter or shortening!
California Avocado Green Machine Zucchini Muffins
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|2/3||cup||whole wheat flour|
|1/4||cup||ground flax seed|
|1/2||cup||mashed ripe Fresh California Avocado|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F and line 12 muffin tins with muffin papers.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together flours, wheat bran, flax seed, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and allspice.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream avocado and sugar until well blended; if using an electric mixer, use a wire whisk attachment to remove lumps; add vanilla and then add eggs, one at a time.
- Gently fold in flour mixture and zucchini, stirring until just mixed.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until fork inserted into muffin comes out clean.
Serving suggestion: Serve with California Avocado Fruit and Citrus Bowl for a delicious breakfast or brunch.
Beverage Pairing: Serve with a pot of hot tea.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 95 (IU); Vitamin C 3 mg; Calcium 80 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 7 (IU); Folate 35 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.6 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 8%; Iron 8%