California Avocado Margarita Cream Parfait
|Mini Parfait Assembly|
|6||oz.||Stemmed glass - 1 each|
|2||tsp.||Graham Cracker crust crumbs|
|1/2||cup||Margarita cream filing|
|Rasberry marinated in Cointreau - 1 each|
|Lime zest - a few shreds|
|Fresh mint, small sprig - 1 each|
|Margarita Cream Filling (Yield 6 cups - 12 parfaits)|
|21||oz.||Sweetened condensed milk|
|12||oz.||Cream cheese, room temperature|
|16 1/2||oz.||Fresh California Avocados, peeled and pitted|
|3||oz.||fresh lime juice|
|Graham Cracker Crust (Yield 1/2 cups - 24 tsp.)|
|1/2||cup||Graham cracker crumbs|
|1 3/4||cups||This is enough for the base and the garnish|
|Raspberry Marinated in Cointreau (Yield 12 each)|
|Raspberries, fresh - 12 each|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Assemble in order listed. Filling can be piped in with a pastry tube.
- Garnish as listed and shown.
Margarita Cream Filling
- With an electric mixer, whip together the sweetened condensed milk and the cream cheese until creamy and lump free. Mash together the Fresh California Avocado, lime juice, tequila and salt. Add it to the above mixture and whip together until creamy and lump free. Refrigerate for 4 or more hours before assembling parfaits. Filling works well in a pastry tube.
Graham Cracker Crust
- Mix together melted butter and honey. Add crumbs and stir to distribute evenly. Bake at 350 for 12 – 15 minutes. Refrigerate to cool. Break into coarse crumbs. Label, date and refrigerate.
Raspberry Marinated in Cointreau
- Mix together and let marinate for 1 hour. Drain briefly and use as garnish.