California Avocado Margarita Cream Parfait
IngredientsMini Parfait Assembly 6 oz. Stemmed glass - 1 each 1/8 cup Whipped cream 2 tsp. Graham Cracker crust crumbs 1/2 cup Margarita cream filing Garnish 1 tsp. Whipped cream Rasberry marinated in Cointreau - 1 each Lime zest - a few shreds Fresh mint, small sprig - 1 each Margarita Cream Filling (Yield 6 cups - 12 parfaits) 21 oz. Sweetened condensed milk 12 oz. Cream cheese, room temperature 16 1/2 oz. Fresh California Avocados, peeled and pitted 3 oz. fresh lime juice 3 3/4 oz. Tequila 1/8 tsp. kosher salt Graham Cracker Crust (Yield 1/2 cups - 24 tsp.) 1/2 cup Graham cracker crumbs 1 oz. butter, melted 1 1/8 tsp. honey Whipped cream 1 3/4 cups This is enough for the base and the garnish Raspberry Marinated in Cointreau (Yield 12 each) Raspberries, fresh - 12 each 1/4 cup Cointreau
- Assemble in order listed. Filling can be piped in with a pastry tube.
- Garnish as listed and shown.
Margarita Cream Filling
- With an electric mixer, whip together the sweetened condensed milk and the cream cheese until creamy and lump free. Mash together the Fresh California Avocado, lime juice, tequila and salt. Add it to the above mixture and whip together until creamy and lump free. Refrigerate for 4 or more hours before assembling parfaits. Filling works well in a pastry tube.
Graham Cracker Crust
- Mix together melted butter and honey. Add crumbs and stir to distribute evenly. Bake at 350 for 12 – 15 minutes. Refrigerate to cool. Break into coarse crumbs. Label, date and refrigerate.
Raspberry Marinated in Cointreau
- Mix together and let marinate for 1 hour. Drain briefly and use as garnish.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados