California Avocado Neapolitan Pizza
|Pizza dough, (recipe follows)|
|1/2||cup||almond milk cream cheese|
|Kale Cashew Pesto , (recipe follows)|
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados|
|Pickled Red Onion , (recipe follows)|
|Arugula Salad, (recipe follows)|
|1||tsp.||minced garlic, fried|
|1/4||tsp.||crushed red pepper flakes|
|Pizza Dough (Yield: 2-10" rounds)|
|4 1/2||cups||bread flour|
|4||Tbsp.||extra virgin olive oil|
|1 1/2||cups||warm water|
|Kale Cashew Pesto (Yield: 1 cup)|
|2||Tbsp.||California Avocado Oil|
|Pickled Red Onion (Yield: 1 qt.)|
|2||cups||apple cider vinegar|
|1||Tbsp.||sriracha hot sauce|
|1||Tbsp.||fresh ginger, minced|
|1||Tbsp.||Moroccan spice blend (ras el hanout) or Chinese Five Spice|
|1/2||tsp.||fresh garlic, minced|
|Arugula Salad (Yield: 1 cup)|
|2||tsp.||ripe, Fresh California Avocados*|
|1||tsp.||California Avocado oil|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Using a mixer with the hook attachment, place the flour in the mixer and start mixing on low speed.
- Add in the yeast, sugar, salt and garlic powder. Mix for 1 minute.
- Set the mixer to medium speed and slowly add in the oil. Then slowly add in the warm water until the dough starts to form a ball. Once the dough in not sticking to the sides of the bowl and is on the hook, turn off and transfer dough to a clean surface.
- Separate the dough into 2 portions, about 10 oz each.
- Knead the dough balls, rolling and tucking at the bottom.
- Once rolled, lightly rub with oil and place under a towel at ambient temperature for 30 minutes.
- Once proofed, hand stretch or roll into desired shape, ¼” thick.
Kale Cashew Pesto
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds, on low speed.
- Remove the lid, scrape the sides and then replace the lid and blend for an additional 30 seconds, on high speed.
Pickled Red Onion
- Remove the skin from the onions and cut in half. Turn and slice the onion into 1/8″ half-moon strips. Set aside in a container, with a secure lid, that will hold onions and liquid.
- Place water, salt, sugar, and vinegar into a pot and bring to simmer, whisk until salt and sugar dissolve. Once mixture simmers, stir in hot sauce, ginger, seasoning and garlic. Bring back to a simmer. Whisk to incorporate all ingredients.
- Pour the hot mixture over the onions and let stand for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes secure the lid and store refrigerated until ready to use. Use within 2 weeks.
- Toss arugula with remaining ingredients. Keep cold until service.
Assemble, per order:
- Hand stretch or roll dough into desired shape, ¼” thick.
- Spread ¼ cup almond milk cream cheese over entire pizza, 1 inch from edge.
- Spoon 3 Tbsp. Kale Cashew Pesto, in dollops, covering the whole pizza.
- Place in 500°F oven to bake until crust is golden and filling is bubbling, 6-8 minutes
- Cut avocado in thin slices, fan over entire pizza leaving a circle (size of a baseball, about 3″) in the middle.
- Scatter 1 Tbsp. Pickled Red Onion over pizza.
- Arrange ½ cup Arugula Salad in the middle of the pizza.
- Garnish with ½ tsp. fried minced garlic and pinch red pepper flakes.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.