Nothing compares to a beautiful cheese omelet especially when it’s full of the season’s juiciest tomatoes, sweet peppers, crisp green onions, and creamy California avocados. This veggie-packed breakfast delivers 200% of your daily vitamin C, not to mention good fats from California Avocado. Now, that’s a great way to start the day!
California Avocado Omelette
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|2||green onions, sliced|
|1/2||Red bell pepper, diced|
|Salt to taste|
|2||eggs (room temperature)|
|1||oz.||grated sharp cheddar cheese|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and sliced|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- In a small mixing bowl, toss sliced scallions, bell pepper, and tomato.
- In a separate bowl, vigorously whip eggs with a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper.
- Add olive oil to nonstick pan on medium-low heat. Tilt the pan until olive oil is evenly spread. Add beaten eggs, stir well with a silicone spatula for 10-15 seconds.
- When the omelet begins to solidify, tilt the pan again so that the liquid pours off the top of the omelet and hits the pan. Using your rubber spatula, very gently lift the edges of the omelet, doing this all around the circumference of the pan.
- Turn the heat to low and let the omelet rest untouched for 30 seconds. Sprinkle the cheese in the center, then gently jiggle the pan back and forth to loosen the omelet. Using the spatula, fold the omelet in half. Slide onto a plate and top with s avocado slices.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with fresh fruit salad.
Beverage Pairing: Hot coffee or spicy Bloody Mary
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Vitamin A 2421 IU; Vitamin C 29 mg; Calcium 286 mg; Iron 2.7 mg; Vitamin D 85 IU; Folate 103 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 50%; Vitamin C 50%; Calcium 30%; Iron 15 %.