California Avocado Pasta
Ingredients2 oz. oil (75/25 olive oil/canola oil blend) 1 oz. minced garlic 5 oz. white wine 16 oz. Heavy Cream 6 oz. Guacamole (recipe follows) 1 oz. cilantro, minced 14 oz. fresh fettuccine As needed salt & white pepper to taste 8 oz. Fresh California Avocado slices (fanned) 4 oz. Roma tomatoes, diced 2 Tbsp. cilantro, chopped 2 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, grated Guacamole (Yield: 2/3 cups) 7 mashed Fresh California Avocados 1/2 oz. fresh lime juice 1/4 oz. cilantro, chopped 1/2 tsp. minced garlic 1/8 oz. jalapeño, stemmed, seeded, finely minced 1/2 tsp. kosher salt 1/2 tsp. coarse ground pepper
- Place the lime juice, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, salt and pepper into a bowl. Add avocado to bowl and mash with fork to combine all ingredients.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the fresh fettuccine and boil for 3-4 minutes until al dente. Strain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, sauté for a minute. Deglaze the pan with the wine. Add the cream and simmer to reduce by 20%.
- Add the guacamole, cilantro and fettuccine to the pan. Season with salt and white pepper. Toss to combine.
- Mound the pasta onto a plate. Garnish with the fanned avocado, diced Roma tomatoes, chopped cilantro and the Monterey Jack cheese. Serve.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados