California Avocado Pasta
|2||oz.||oil (75/25 olive oil/canola oil blend)|
|6||oz.||Guacamole (recipe follows)|
|As needed||salt & white pepper to taste|
|8||oz.||Fresh California Avocado slices (fanned)|
|4||oz.||Roma tomatoes, diced|
|2||oz.||Monterey Jack cheese, grated|
|Guacamole (Yield: 2/3 cups)|
|7||mashed Fresh California Avocados|
|1/2||oz.||fresh lime juice|
|1/8||oz.||jalapeño, stemmed, seeded, finely minced|
|1/2||tsp.||coarse ground pepper|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Place the lime juice, cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, salt and pepper into a bowl. Add avocado to bowl and mash with fork to combine all ingredients.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the fresh fettuccine and boil for 3-4 minutes until al dente. Strain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, sauté for a minute. Deglaze the pan with the wine. Add the cream and simmer to reduce by 20%.
- Add the guacamole, cilantro and fettuccine to the pan. Season with salt and white pepper. Toss to combine.
- Mound the pasta onto a plate. Garnish with the fanned avocado, diced Roma tomatoes, chopped cilantro and the Monterey Jack cheese. Serve.