The luck of the Irish smiles on these cheesy stuffed baked Idaho® potatoes with California Avocado and guacamole.
Lucky Irish Twice Baked Potatoes
Total Time: 1 h 20 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 988 IU; Vitamin C 27 mg; Calcium 272 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 127 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 45%; Calcium 25%; Iron 15%
IngredientsBaked Potatoes 2 large Idaho® Russet potatoes, scrubbed 2 Tbsp. butter 1/4 cup sour cream or plain yogurt 1/4 cup milk 1/2 tsp. salt 1/2 tsp. Freshly ground pepper 1 cup grated jack cheese, or grated cheddar-jack cheese 1/2 cup chopped chives 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded, cut into chunks As needed Salt and pepper, to taste As needed Guacamole (see recipe below) Guacamole 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro leaves 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- Mash avocado chunks with lime juice in medium bowl.
- Add cilantro and salt; blend until creamy.
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Bake whole potatoes in oven for 1 hour; remove potatoes and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Let potatoes rest for 5 minutes, then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out potato flesh into large bowl. Reserve potato jackets.
- Add butter, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, and cheese to potato in bowl; whip until creamy with electric hand mixer.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in chives and avocado pieces.
- Spoon mixture into halved potato jackets and bake in 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
- Top each with a heaping spoonful of guacamole to serve.
Serve alongside a juicy steak, or serve as the main dish with a fresh green salad.
Delicious with a glass of Chardonnay.
For more recipes featuring Idaho® potatoes please visit IdahoPotatoes.com
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados