The luck of the Irish smiles on these cheesy stuffed baked Idaho® potatoes with California Avocado and guacamole.
Lucky Irish Twice Baked Potatoes
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|2||large Idaho® Russet potatoes, scrubbed|
|1/4||cup||sour cream or plain yogurt|
|1/2||tsp.||Freshly ground pepper|
|1||cup||grated jack cheese, or grated cheddar-jack cheese|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded, cut into chunks|
|As needed||Salt and pepper, to taste|
|As needed||Guacamole (see recipe below)|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks|
|1||Tbsp.||fresh lime juice|
|2||Tbsp.||chopped cilantro leaves|
|1/2||tsp.||salt, or to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Mash avocado chunks with lime juice in medium bowl.
- Add cilantro and salt; blend until creamy.
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Bake whole potatoes in oven for 1 hour; remove potatoes and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Let potatoes rest for 5 minutes, then cut in half lengthwise and scoop out potato flesh into large bowl. Reserve potato jackets.
- Add butter, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper, and cheese to potato in bowl; whip until creamy with electric hand mixer.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with additional salt and pepper.
- Gently stir in chives and avocado pieces.
- Spoon mixture into halved potato jackets and bake in 350 degree F oven for 20 minutes.
- Top each with a heaping spoonful of guacamole to serve.
Serve alongside a juicy steak, or serve as the main dish with a fresh green salad.
Delicious with a glass of Chardonnay.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
For more recipes featuring Idaho® potatoes please visit IdahoPotatoes.com
Vitamin A 988 IU; Vitamin C 27 mg; Calcium 272 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 IU; Folate 127 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 45%; Calcium 25%; Iron 15%