California Avocado Scallion Flat Bread
Ingredients9 cups flour 2 Tbsp. baking powder 1 Tbsp. salt 2 1/4 cups hot water 3 California Avocados, ripe, cut in bits 2 1/4 cups cold water 1/2 cup toasted (Asian) sesame oil 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced green onion 1/4 toasted sesame seeds
- In a large food processor pulse dry ingredients until mixed.
- With machine running, pour in hot water in a stream.
- With machine running, pour in cold water and avocado; process until dough forms. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured work surface; knead 2 or 3 minutes, dusting with flour as necessary.
- Divide dough into 24 portions, 3 ounces each; shape into balls. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Roll each ball into a rough circle about 1/8-inch thick.
- Brush each circle with sesame oil; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon green onion; and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds.
- Fold edges of dough into center, forming another ball and pinching to seal; turn smooth side up. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Again, roll balls into circles about 1/8-inch thick.
- Bake in saute pan lightly greased with canola oil, over medium heat, turning a couple of times until lightly browned in spots, about 3 minutes.
- Lightly brush top with canola oil; sprinkle with salt.
- Repeat process, re-oiling pan as necessary, until finished.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados