California Avocado Scallion Flat Bread
|2 1/4||cups||hot water|
|3||California Avocados, ripe, cut in bits|
|2 1/4||cups||cold water|
|1/2||cup||toasted (Asian) sesame oil|
|1 1/2||cups||thinly sliced green onion|
|1/4||toasted sesame seeds|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- In a large food processor pulse dry ingredients until mixed.
- With machine running, pour in hot water in a stream.
- With machine running, pour in cold water and avocado; process until dough forms. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Turn dough out onto a well-floured work surface; knead 2 or 3 minutes, dusting with flour as necessary.
- Divide dough into 24 portions, 3 ounces each; shape into balls. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Roll each ball into a rough circle about 1/8-inch thick.
- Brush each circle with sesame oil; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon green onion; and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds.
- Fold edges of dough into center, forming another ball and pinching to seal; turn smooth side up. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Again, roll balls into circles about 1/8-inch thick.
- Bake in saute pan lightly greased with canola oil, over medium heat, turning a couple of times until lightly browned in spots, about 3 minutes.
- Lightly brush top with canola oil; sprinkle with salt.
- Repeat process, re-oiling pan as necessary, until finished.