California Avocado Spinach Salad
|3||lb.||fresh spinach, washed and dried thoroughly|
|5||California Avocados, seeded, peeled and cubed|
|2||Tbsp.||lime or lemon juice|
|1||cup||ripe olives, thinly sliced|
|1||red onion, thinly sliced|
|As needed||Spinach salad dressing (recipe follows)|
|Spinach Salad Dressing (2 cups)|
|1/2||cup||red wine vinegar|
|1||tsp.||dry leaf tarragon, crushed|
|1||tsp.||teaspoon Dijon-style mustard|
|As needed||Salt and pepper to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Tear spinach into bite size pieces and place in large mixing bowl.
- In medium bowl, generously drizzle lime juice over avocado cubes before tossing in salad to prevent browning and to enhance flavor.
- Add avocados, olives, onions and oranges to mixing bowl and toss together with salad dressing.
- Dressing Preparation
- In small saucepan, bring vinegar and tarragon to a boil. Cool.
- Blend mustard and vinegar mixture in deep bowl. Stir well.
- Gradually add oil, beating until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.