If you’re planning another backyard BBQ or pool party this summer, don’t sweat the small stuff. Keep it simple, delicious, and nutritious. My appetizing chili lime shrimp and avocado salad can be made in less than 20 minutes and most of this is prep time. Enjoy your summer!!!
Chili Lime Shrimp and Avocado Salad
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, skin removed and sliced|
|12||oz.||fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|4||cups||mixture of romaine and red leaf lettuce|
|2||Tbsp.||olive oil, divided|
|Juice of one lime (about 2 Tbsp.)|
|Sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Combine avocado and lettuce on a large platter and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine lime juice, chili powder and sea salt in small bowl and set aside. Mist greens with olive oil spray. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in saute pan over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp to saute pan searing on each side about 2 minutes; pour lime juice mixture over half way through the cooking.
- Top avocado salad with cooked shrimp.
- Use a spoon to drizzle any remaining lime juice sauce over the salad. Serve immediately.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Calories 220; Total Fat 14 g (Sat 2 g, Trans 0 g, Poly 2 g, Mono 9 g); Cholesterol 130 mg; Sodium 220 mg; Potassium 450 mg; Total Carbohydrates 6 g; Dietary Fiber 3 g; Total Sugars <1 g; Protein 19 g; Vitamin A 3404 IU; Vitamin C 9 mg; Calcium 64 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 129 IU; Folate 74 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.2 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 70%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 6%; Iron 15 %