Chili Rubbed Salmon with Cilantro Avocado Salsa
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|4||medium tomatillos, husked and rinsed|
|1/4||cup||chopped green onion|
|1/4||cup||chopped fresh cilantro|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||fresh lime juice|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded and diced|
|tsp.||jalapeño, seeded and minced (or to taste)|
|1 1/2||Tbsp.||chili powder|
|4||(6-oz) wild Copper River salmon fillets|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Place tomatillos in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes. Remove tomatillos and when cool enough to handle, roughly chop them.
- Combine the tomatillos, onion, cilantro and lime juice. Gently fold in the avocado and add jalapeño. Season with salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine chili powder, cumin, sugar and salt. Sprinkle fish with spice mix.
- Heat a large oven-proof nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the salmon rub side down for 2 minutes then flip and place pan in the oven for about 5-6 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer fish fillets to plates and top with the Cilantro Avocado Salsa.