Chimichurri cucumber noodles are fantastic on their own, but when you add creamy avocado, shrimp and hearts of palm, you have a magical summertime dinner recipe. The flavors meld together so well in this healthy, fresh recipe.
Chimichurri Cucumber Noodles with Shrimp, Avocado and Hearts of Palm
Total Time: 22 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 84 mcg; Vitamin C 21 mg; Calcium 84 mg; Iron 1 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 48 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 35%; Calcium 8%; Iron 8 %; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients10 oz. shrimp, large-sized, raw, peeled and tails removed 1 tsp. olive oil 1/8 tsp. salt 1/8 tsp. ground pepper 1 English cucumber, (5 cups of noodles) 3/4 ripe, Fresh California Avocado, seeded, peeled and chopped 6 oz. hearts of palm, sliced The Dressing 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped 8 tsp. red wine vinegar 8 tsp. olive oil 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/4 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Place the shrimp in a medium bowl. Toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook until just cooked through, about 1 minute per side. Transfer the shrimp to a plate.
- Cut the ends off the cucumber, and cut the cucumber crosswise into 3 pieces. Run the cucumber through a spiralizer to produce noodles. With kitchen shears cut the noodles into slightly smaller pieces.
- In a serving bowl, combine the cucumber noodles, shrimp, avocado and hearts of palm. Toss with the dressing. Serve immediately.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine all the dressing ingredients. Process until well combined, scraping down the sides as necessary.
Serving Suggestion: Serve these cucumber noodles right away, as they tend to accumulate liquid and soften if left to sit for too long. If you would like to prepare most of the recipe ahead of time, cook the shrimp, spiralize the cucumber and add the hearts of palm. Just before serving, add the chopped avocado and toss the noodles with the dressing.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados