Citrus Salad With California Avocado – Fruits & Veggies – More Matters® Recipe
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|3||6-inch corn tortillas|
|1||sliced ripe California avocado|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Cut tortillas in half and slice into very thin strips.
- Bake the strips by placing on a cookie sheet and baking in a preheated 325° oven for 7-8 minutes.
- Grate the oranges to obtain 2 tsps. of rind for each serving.
- Peel oranges and grapefruits, section and seed.
- In a large bowl, mix honey, raspberry vinegar, orange, and grapefruit sections.
- Add orange rinds and tortilla strips.
- Top with avocado slices.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.