California Avocado Carpaccio Salad
Ingredients2 large Fresh California Avocados, cut in half and thinly sliced (16 oz.) As needed Marinated Tomatoes (recipe follows) As needed Marinated Red Onions (recipe follows) As needed Lemon Cilantro Vinaigrette (recipe follows) 4 oz. fresh curly baby lettuce Marinated Tomatoes (Yield: 2 cups) 8 oz. Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced small 1 Tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil As needed Salt and pepper to taste Marinated Red Onion (Yield: 1 cup) 4 oz. red onion, thinly sliced into rings 3 Tbsp. red wine vinegar Lemon Cilantro Vinaigrette (Yield: 1/2 cup) 3 oz. Canola olive oil blend 75/25 1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice 1/4 oz. cilantro, chopped As needed Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the diced tomatoes with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to use.
Marinated Red Onion:
- Place the thinly sliced onion rings into a bowl. Add the red wine vinegar and let marinate for 6-10 minutes.
Lemon Cilantro Vinaigrette:
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree.
- For each plate, fan out 4 oz. of the thinly sliced avocado lengthwise. Add 1 oz. of the vinaigrette.
- Place 1 oz. of the lettuce in a mound in the center of the avocado slices. Place 2 oz. of the marinated tomatoes on top of the lettuce. Top that with 1 oz. of the marinated onion slices. Serve.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados, adjust the quantity accordingly.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados