This cocktail is easy to make, with a light, refreshing flavor. California Avocado in the drink makes for a beautiful beverage.
California Avocado Zen Cocktail
Total Time: 10 min
Prep Time: |
Ingredients6 fl.oz. cucumber vodka 1 fl.oz. fresh squeezed lime juice, plus extra for garnishing the glasses 1 fl.oz. California honey 2 fl.oz. mint simple syrup* 2 tsp. mint leaves, minced, optional 1 Lime 2 tsp. crystal ginger (powder)* for rim, optional 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocado Ice, as needed 4 fl.oz. soda water
- In a metal shaker place vodka, lime juice, honey, simple syrup and mint (if using), shake vigorously for 20 seconds until honey is well blended.
- Slice lime into 4 wheels, cutting a small notch in each to aid in placing on the glasses; set aside. Juice remaining lime.
- Moisten the rims of (10 fl. oz.) glasses with lime juice, then dip the rims in the ginger crystals, if using.
- Peel and seed the avocado. Dice three-quarters of the avocado into ¼-inch pieces and set aside. Slice the other avocado quarter into 4 wedges and reserve for garnish.
- Place one-half of the avocado pieces in the bottoms of the glasses, add ice, then remaining avocado pieces.
- Pour contents of the shaker into the glasses. Top with soda water, garnish each with a lime wheel and avocado wedge.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
Did You Know?
Hydration is very important when exercising. Check out these five ways you can eat to complete. And if you’re hungry, check out these California Avocado recipes for sandwiches, burgers and wraps.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados