This cocktail is easy to make, with a light, refreshing flavor. California Avocado in the drink makes for a beautiful beverage.
California Avocado Zen Cocktail
|1||fl.oz.||fresh squeezed lime juice, plus extra for garnishing the glasses|
|2||fl.oz.||mint simple syrup*|
|2||tsp.||mint leaves, minced, optional|
|2||tsp.||crystal ginger (powder)* for rim, optional|
|1||ripe, Fresh California Avocado|
|Ice, as needed|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- In a metal shaker place vodka, lime juice, honey, simple syrup and mint (if using), shake vigorously for 20 seconds until honey is well blended.
- Slice lime into 4 wheels, cutting a small notch in each to aid in placing on the glasses; set aside. Juice remaining lime.
- Moisten the rims of (10 fl. oz.) glasses with lime juice, then dip the rims in the ginger crystals, if using.
- Peel and seed the avocado. Dice three-quarters of the avocado into ¼-inch pieces and set aside. Slice the other avocado quarter into 4 wedges and reserve for garnish.
- Place one-half of the avocado pieces in the bottoms of the glasses, add ice, then remaining avocado pieces.
- Pour contents of the shaker into the glasses. Top with soda water, garnish each with a lime wheel and avocado wedge.