Don’t just wing it, upgrade the flavor of chicken wings with a can of cola and fresh avocado ranch dressing.
Cola Braised Chicken Wings with California Avocado Ranch Dressing
Total Time: 45 min
Prep Time: |
IngredientsWings 4 lb. party bag uncooked chicken wings 2 Tbsp. cornstarch 2 tsp. salt 1 1/2 tsp. pepper 2 tsp. onion powder 2 tsp. fresh garlic, minced 1 (12 oz) can of cola 1 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup honey 1/4 cup Dijon mustard 5 Tbsp. soy sauce California Avocado Big Game Ranch Dressing 1/4 cup mayonnaise 2 Tbsp. sour cream 2 ripe, Fresh California Avocados*, peeled and seeded 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill 2 tsp. chopped fresh chives 1/4 cup buttermilk 1/8 tsp. Worcestershire sauce 1/8 tsp. white wine vinegar 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper 1/4 tsp. salt 1/8 tsp. pepper 1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
Cola Chicken Wings:
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Rinse and dry chicken wings with a paper towel.
- Mix cornstarch and water together (just enough water to dissolve the cornstarch). To an oven safe dish, add in chicken wings, and season with the salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the rest of ingredients, and then evenly pour it over chicken wings.
- Bake for an hour and a half or until the chicken is fully cooked, turning the chicken wings over once, half way through the baking process. Once the wings are finished baking, remove them from the liquid and plate with some delicious CA Avocado dressing.
California Avocado Big Game Ranch Dressing:
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until everything is fully incorporated and the dressing is smooth.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados