These Crispy California Avocado Tacos provide the perfect combination of creamy and crunch from the air fried avocado with an easy twist on your weeknight dinner.
Crispy California Avocado Tacos
Total Time: 40 min
Prep Time: |
Vitamin A 53 mcg; Vitamin C 47 mg; Calcium 57 mg; Iron 2 mg; Vitamin D 0 mcg; Folate 68 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.08 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 50%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10 %; Vitamin D 0%
Ingredients2 underripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded, thick sliced 3/4 cup breadcrumbs 1/8 tsp. avocado oil 2 bell peppers, stem and seeds removed, sliced 1 red onion, skin and root removed, sliced 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil 1/2 tsp. salt 1/4 tsp. black pepper 8 (6-in.) tortillas 1 cup vegan sour cream 1 batch homemade vegan walnut taco meat 1/2 tsp. fresh cilantro leaves, to taste 1/2 tsp. red onions, diced, to taste 1/2 tsp. scallions, diced, to taste 1/4 cup romaine lettuce, chopped, to taste 8 lime wedges
- Preheat air fryer to 400ºF.
- Place sliced avocados in a bowl with breadcrumbs and toss until evenly coated. Spray or coat the bottom of the air fryer basket with avocado oil. Place half of the avocados into basket and cook for 18 minutes flipping halfway through. Repeat for the second batch.
- In a large skillet, over medium heat, sauté the bell peppers and onions with olive oil, salt and pepper until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Before assembling tacos, sear/char each side of the tortilla over a gas stovetop flame for 15 seconds on each side (optional).
- To assemble tacos, place spread some sour cream on the tortillas in one even layer, followed by the walnut taco meat. Add sauteed bell peppers, onions and 2 or 3 crispy air fried California avocados per taco.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro leaves, red onions, scallions, romaine lettuce and a lime wedge each, all to taste.
- Enjoy immediately.
Serving Suggestion: Enjoy these tacos with some chips and California Avocado guacamole on the side.
Beverage Pairing: Pair with a light beer.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados