This beautiful gelatin dessert is bright with fresh strawberries and California Avocados. It’s perfect for Cinco de Mayo fiestas too.
Fiesta Flag Parfaits
Total Time: 1 h 35 min
Prep Time: |
Ingredients1 box each, sugar free lime, lemon and strawberry gelatin 1 cup coarsely chopped strawberries 1 cup fat free sour cream 1 cup thick & creamy light lime yogurt 1 ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and chopped 1 lime, juice and zest 6 parfait glasses
- Stir 1 cup boiling water into lime gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate until cold but not set.
- Pour into blender, add yogurt, lime zest , avocado and lime juice. Process until smooth.
- Pour into 6 parfait glasses. Refrigerate until set.
- Stir 1 cup boiling water into lemon gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate until cold but not set. Stir in sour cream. Pour over lime layers. Refrigerate until set.
- Stir 1 ¼ cup boiling water into strawberry gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate until cold but not set. Add chopped strawberries. Spoon over tops of lemon layers. Refrigerate until set.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados