Fresh California Avocado and Turkey Sandwich
|8||slices of bread|
|4||leaves of lettuce|
|Salt and pepper, to taste|
|2||ripe, Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded and sliced*|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Start with 2 slices of your favorite bread (toasting is optional). On 1 slice, layer a leaf or two of lettuce, about 4 ounces of sliced turkey and juicy tomato slices.
- On the other slice fan the slices from one-half of a ripe California Avocado. Salt and pepper to your liking.
- Unite the two sides and dig in.
- Add a couple of strips of cooked bacon.
- Slather one slice of bread with Dijon mustard, then smear the avocado half and press dried cranberries into the avocado.
- Roughly mash the avocado with lime and diced chipotle chili pepper before smearing.
- Substitute grilled chicken
For a school lunch treat, spread one slice of bread with your child’s favorite jam or jelly before adding the lettuce layer.
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.