Fast, fresh, and full of fiber, this meatless main salad explodes with fresh flavors of basil, rosemary and sweet tomatoes. The tenderness of the avocado combined with the deeply marinated artichokes makes every bite pop!
Lentil Salad with California Avocados and Cara Mia Marinated Artichokes
Nutritional Highlights (per serving)
|1/2||cup||dried lentils, sorted and rinsed|
|2 1/2||Tbsp.||STAR Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|2||medium garlic cloves, minced|
|1/8||tsp.||dried pepper flakes, optional|
|1 1/2||cups||grape tomatoes, quartered|
|1||cup||Cara Mia Marinated Artichoke Hearts, (drained, reserve marinade), coarsely chopped|
|2||Tbsp.||reserved artichoke marinade|
|1/2||ripe, Fresh California Avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|1/4||cup||chopped fresh basil, or to taste|
|1||cup||spring greens or baby spinach, coarsely chopped|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
- Bring 2 cups water to boil in medium saucepan. Stir in lentils, reduce heat, cover, simmer 20 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic, rosemary, and salt in medium bowl.
- Fold in remaining ingredients, except spring greens.
- Drain lentils in colander and run under cold water to cool quickly. Shake off excess liquid and stir into the artichoke mixture.
- Fold in spring greens until slightly wilted and serve.
Tip: For even faster preparation use one cup of pre-cooked lentils.
Serving Suggestion: Serve in Boston Bibb lettuce cups or on whole romaine lettuce leaves.
Vitamin A 1120 (IU); Vitamin C 18 mg; Calcium 15 mg; Iron 3 mg; Vitamin D 0 (IU); Folate 40 mcg; Omega 3 Fatty Acid 0.1 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 30%; Calcium 2%; Iron 15%