|Quinoa California Avocado Salad (recipe follows)|
|Topping Salad (recipe follows)|
|3||Fresh California Avocados for garnish|
|As needed||Basil oil as needed for garnish|
|Quinoa California Avocado Salad (Yield: 12 servings of 5/8 Cups each)|
|4||cups||red quinoa, cooked and chilled|
|4||cups||white quinoa, cooked and chilled|
|2||large Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded, diced 1/4"*|
|2||roma tomatoes, seeded, diced 1/8"|
|1/4||cup||parsley, fresh, chopped|
|1/2||cup||cilantro, fresh, chopped|
|3/4||cup||key lime juice|
|Topping Salad (Yield: 12 servings of 1/3 Cups each)|
|1||hot house cucumber, peeled, seeded, sliced|
|2||roma tomatoes, seeded, diced|
|3/4||cup||cotija cheese, diced|
|3||Tbsp.||aji amarillo, seeded and diced (a hot and sweet chile pepper)|
|8||black olives, sliced|
|4||oz.||red onion, sliced|
|3||Tbsp.||cilantro, fresh, chiffonade|
|1/4||cup||key lime juice|
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados
Quinoa California Avocado Salad Preparation
- Yield 7 1/2 cups.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Place on platter and remove the ring mold.
Topping Salad Preparation
- Yield 4 cups.
- In a bowl, gently stir together all ingredients.
- Place about 5/8 cups into 3” wide X 2” high ring mold and press down lightly.
- Top the Quinoa California Avocado Salad with 1/3 cups of the Topping Salad.
- Garnish with 1/4 each large Fresh California Avocado.
- As garnish drizzle the plate with basil oil.
* A large avocado weights about 8 oz. as purchased