IngredientsQuinoa California Avocado Salad (recipe follows) Topping Salad (recipe follows) 3 Fresh California Avocados for garnish As needed Basil oil as needed for garnish Quinoa California Avocado Salad (Yield: 12 servings of 5/8 Cups each) 4 cups red quinoa, cooked and chilled 4 cups white quinoa, cooked and chilled 2 large Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded, diced 1/4"* 2 roma tomatoes, seeded, diced 1/8" 1/4 cup parsley, fresh, chopped 1/2 cup cilantro, fresh, chopped 1/2 cup olive oil 3/4 cup key lime juice 1/4 tsp. salt Topping Salad (Yield: 12 servings of 1/3 Cups each) 1 hot house cucumber, peeled, seeded, sliced 2 roma tomatoes, seeded, diced 3/4 cup cotija cheese, diced 3 Tbsp. aji amarillo, seeded and diced (a hot and sweet chile pepper) 8 black olives, sliced 4 oz. red onion, sliced 3 Tbsp. cilantro, fresh, chiffonade 1/2 cup olive oil 1/4 cup key lime juice 1/4 tsp. salt
Quinoa California Avocado Salad Preparation
- Yield 7 1/2 cups.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Place on platter and remove the ring mold.
Topping Salad Preparation
- Yield 4 cups.
- In a bowl, gently stir together all ingredients.
- Place about 5/8 cups into 3” wide X 2” high ring mold and press down lightly.
- Top the Quinoa California Avocado Salad with 1/3 cups of the Topping Salad.
- Garnish with 1/4 each large Fresh California Avocado.
- As garnish drizzle the plate with basil oil.
* A large avocado weights about 8 oz. as purchased
*Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.
As with all fruits and vegetables, wash avocados before cutting. Check out our tips for how to choose and use California Avocados